The balance needed by every writer

This past month has been a entire catastrophic roller-coaster ride for me. I literally went through ten different moods all ranging from the highest high to the lowest low. 

On the low notes I think I honestly considered pulling down all my writings from the Internet because I felt I had lost the passion for it. Don't worry I managed to hurdle my way past self-pity tears,  midnight doubts, blank unproductive pages and a universally contagious reality check. While the fear that I may not be good enough  is still lurking I know that it's a good sign 

Yes you heard me right ! 

You see it is sort of a writers law,  that inorder to be a balanced and successful writer, you will have to have a lurking conscious of doubt. This doubt resulting from insecurities, fear or worry shows that we care about what people think. And while many will argue the widely known fact that you shouldn't care what people think which is needed in certain situations but I beg you differ especially in situations where self reflection is in call, it is advisable to acknowledge what people think about your work not just in writing but in several aspects of life. 

The key factor now after acknowledging what people think and feel,  you have to take the responsibility in analysing whether it's the impact you wanted. Whether it's the reaction or results you were aiming for when you were making your initial move. That slight doubt helps you stay grounded and in a way connected to people. 

Notice I said slight doubt... 


Balance requires It's contrast. To be a successful writer as I have also learnt,  or rather I am still learning,  is to be confident in myself.  It requires self pride.  Personal opionions and definitely your own pat on the back. Again this advise is not simply directed to writers. In any head on situation in life where your character, or work,  your results, or choices are critiqued by others you have to have the confidence and strength to stand up for what you truly believe in. You have to be like in yourself and trust your own flow of judgement. 

I do believe that  understanding the balance of your doubt against your confidence will help you be more grounded and reasonable in decision making 



Not so long ago I read on a motivated speakers account. A brilliant lady on instagram,  I highly recommend that you check out her feed, she posted a video about the power of our minds and comparably so, the dreams coming from our ego or heart.

See @randihalaway for the IGTV post. 

In her amazing session, she talks about how our ego can trick our minds into believing that we are not good enough based on received judgement of others. It is important that while you consider the thoughts of others when you decide to take an action, and make a decision (conscious of doubt)  that that consideration agrees with your initiative rather than your ego.


Your ego will bring you down and build a unhealthy negativity around your success whereas your initiative which comes from your gut feeling or simply for heart,  builds you. 

Inorder to know the difference between ego and initiative try to decern the feeling you have when you make a decision. Ego leaves you anxious and wary whereas initiative a feeling of a calm and encouraging mindset. 

These great lessons in the past month that I have being writing and trying to develop myself to become more closer to a vision of a more comfortable and stable individual, have sparked a strong stream of growth in my confidence and sense trusting the process. 

Feel welcome to share your thoughts about this post and leave a like if you found this post enjoyable or helpful. 

Before I leave, make sure to visit my Wattpad account and read this really emotional poem I wrote a while back on the 3rd of June 2020. It is called I pretend.

See you later. And keep on growing yourselves daily. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wierd Questions by curious me..

Superstition Frenzy