Superstition Frenzy

Mirrorhistory

Wierd Questions that I ask myself...(Q2)

 Maybe I broke a glass ?

Growing up as a little child,so trusting and naive ,I was always guilty of buying into every superstition that my poor ears ever heard. 

I indeed recall the snippets of those days as I strutted up and down the passageway in my lace -curtain makeshift wedding dress. And occasionally my fantasies fancied a mop for a husband and neatly rolled up wollen jersy for a baby . It was around the same toddler years if I recall correctly, when my innocent mischief extended to the occasional pinching of tempting meat basking in the pots just before lunch or dinner .

With my grand belief that I would one day be married and my life would be forever merry , just imagine the tears that welled up and puffed up my face when one day I was caught snacking out of the pots and told that because of my dirty deed would turn ugly and no one would want me for a wife.

This tale of course was meant to cleverly teach a lesson . In a way it deterred my mischief but it was a few years later that I fully understood the wrong behind the mischief like i did for  sitting on the tar road. 

The thing is many of these granny tales -supertitions ,although evedently exaggerated, held a good enough amount of truth . For instance the belief of not getting married because of my sudden ugliness was not an ugliness in looks but in formed habits that can be off-putting. 

Some supertitions still puzzle me. Take the myth of an apparent seven years of bad luck given your misfortune of breaking a mirror. Google fortunately is the perfect hub for odd questions and it is an even bigger home of some clever findings and some mind-blowing . After searching the reason behind the bad luck you supposedly get when you break a mirror , I was greeted with numerous of explanations which can be read using the below link ...

http://www.mirrorhistory.com/mirror-facts/broken-mirror/

Also visit other sites for more shocking supertitions ...

Okay the reason I am so hooked on superstitions is because I really couldn't come up with logical explanations for the bad luck I had this past month. I won't go deep into specifics but what I can say is I had no phone or device to stay connected and be able to fulfil my online commitments and more worryingly I nearly never met my blogpost day , which is today . I honestly got this phone today and I am grateful.

Hence my outburst ...Maybe I broke a mirror !

Or a black cat crossed my path ...or I tipped over the salt cellar ?

But despite the series of unfortunate events that took place , I also grew and learnt a little.

The overall experience has taught me to be more appreciatative of the blessings in my life . For the small good things that happen on a daily or the small mistakes that grow me ,I realise need not be taken for granted .

I literally spent almost a month disconnected from the world and found out that I like the smaller version of it around me - the more intimate and condusive environment for personal development. 

In this case I am glad I broke the mirror that reflected the version of me that I was creating because the misfortune that accompied the bad deed was infact the break through showing who I ought to be .







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wierd Questions by curious me..

The balance needed by every writer